Thursday 8 August 2013

April Fool's Day

April 1.  This is the day upon which we are reminded of what we are on the other three hundred and sixty-four.  ~Mark Twain, Pudd'nhead Wilson, 1894


April fool, n.  The March fool with another month added to his folly.  ~Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary
www.onlineexamguide.com


Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.  ~Chinese Proverb


Forgive, O Lord, my little jokes on Thee,
And I'll forgive Thy great big one on me.
~Robert Frost, "Cluster of Faith," 1962


He who is born a fool is never cured.  ~Proverb


Let us be thankful for the fools.  But for them the rest of us could not succeed.  ~Mark Twain


If every fool wore a crown, we should all be kings.  ~Welsh Proverb


I hope life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it.  ~Jack Handey


We're fools whether we dance or not, so we might as well dance.  ~Japanese Proverb


You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.  ~Abraham Lincoln


Even the gods love jokes.  ~Plato


The trouble with practical jokes is that very often they get elected.  ~Will Rogers


A man always blames the woman who fools him. In the same way he blames the door he walks into in the dark.  ~Henry Louis Mencken


A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.  ~Douglas Adams


It is the ability to take a joke, not make one, that proves you have a sense of humor.  ~Max Eastman
www.onlineexamguide.com

Don't give cherries to pigs or advice to fools.  ~Irish Proverb


A sense of humor is the ability to understand a joke-and that the joke is oneself.  ~Clifton Paul Fadiman


It is better to weep with wise men than to laugh with fools.  ~Spanish Proverb


I have great faith in fools - self-confidence, my friends call it.  ~Edgar Allan Poe


The aim of a joke is not to degrade the human being, but to remind him that he is already degraded.  ~George Orwell


Men reach their sexual peak at eighteen.  Women reach theirs at thirty-five.  Do you get the feeling that God is playing a practical joke?  ~Rita Rudner


Suppose the world were only one of God's jokes, would you work any the less to make it a good joke instead of a bad one?  ~George Bernard Shaw


Real friends are those who, when you feel you've made a fool of yourself, don't feel you've done a permanent job.  ~Author Unknown

www.onlineexamguide.com

One thing kids like is to be tricked.  For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse.  "Oh, no," I said.  "Disneyland burned down."  He cried and cried, but I think that deep down, he thought it was a pretty good joke.  I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.  ~Jack Handey

No comments:

Post a Comment